Call for Workshop Proposals
APWeb and WAIM are two leading international conferences for researchers, practitioners, developers, and users to share and exchange ideas, results, experiences, techniques, and tools in connection with all aspects of Web and big data management. As the first APWeb-WAIM joint event, APWeb-WAIM joint conference on Web and Big Data 2017 expects to attract participants from all over the world to Beijing, China, and continues to establish APWeb-WAIM as one of the major conferences on Web and big data systems.
We solicit proposals for half-day or full-day workshops in conjunction with APWeb-WAIM 2017. Workshops are expected to focus on novel ideas on current and emerging topics relevant to the conference. All papers accepted by APWeb-WAIM 2017 workshops will be published in a combined volume of Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series published by Springer.
All workshops will benefit from the registration process of APWeb-WAIM 2017 (we will have a single registration for conferences, workshops and tutorials). The workshop organizer(s) will be responsible for advertising the workshop, reviewing and selecting the papers.
- Workshop Proposal Due:                        Jan 18, 2017 (11:59pm PST)
- Workshop Proposal Notification:             Feb 4, 2017
Workshop proposals should include the following information:
- Workshop title and acronym
- Brief description about the workshop, including a list of topics
- Names and contact information for the organizer(s)
- Proposed duration of the workshop (half day or full day)
- Potential PC members for the workshop
- Expected number of attendees
- Brief biography of the organizer(s)
Proposals and enquiries should be sent to email@example.com with the subject: "APWeb-WAIM 2017 Workshop Proposal".
- Matthias Renz (George Mason University, USA)
- Shaoxu Song (Tsinghua University, China)
- Yang-Sae Moon (Kangwon National University, Korea)